Maeping River Cruise
Maeping River Cruise – Wieng Kum Kam Landing (2 hrs. Duration) (minimum 2 people)
(Tour departs four times a day at 9 a.m., 11.30 a.m., 2.00 p.m. and 4.00 p.m.)
The first attempt at founding a city on the banks of the Mae Ping River, Wiang Kum Kam served as the Lanna capital for 10 years from 1286, but the city was abandoned in the 16th century due to flooding. Today, the excavated ruins are scattered around the winding lanes of a sleepy village. The centuries haven’t been kind to Wiang Kum Kam, but the brick plinths and ruined chedi give a powerful impression.
- Pleasant 20-minute journey downriver aboard spacious new and comfortable teak – fitted cruise boat.
- Tour (subject to government restriction) horse and carriage to Wiang Kum Kam Museum.
- Horse and carriage through Thawangtan village to view six historical temple remains.
- Return to the local hut for complimentary refreshments a chance to sample local fresh fruit and herb juices.
- Relaxed boat journey back to town and return to your hotel.
- adult 690 baht
we will get back to you within in 24 hrs